Sometimes called a “Field Examiner” or “Mobile Phlebotomist,” this exciting career is performing physical exams on clients for insurance companies. The exams are done at client’s home or business. Duties include taking a detailed medical history, gathering and recording vital signs, venipuncture, and performing a resting EKG. As an independent contractor, you set your own schedule and can even make your own appointments with clients directly. This course consists of:
After completing the workshop, students will be issued a workshop certificate to bolster their resume and qualifications.
Skills Taught in this Workshop:
- Performing a complete insurance physical
- Performing a resting EKG using a Schiller AT-1 mobile EKG machine
- Medical terminology for taking a detailed medical history
- Taking accurate blood pressure, pulse, height, weight, chest and waist measurements
- Urine drug screen collection following chain of custody
- Mobile phlebotomy (tips from the pros)
- Explaining your work orders, paramed forms and lab slips
- How to maximize your earnings by managing your independent contractor schedule
- How to get started being an independent contractor
Performs health screenings at health fairs as an independent contractor. We will teach you how to perform all the health screening duties:
Skills Taught in this portion:
- Performing a finger stick and test for cholesterol and glucose
- Using a Cholestech LDX machine
- Taking blood pressure using both a stethoscope and manual cuff, and automatic cuff
- Performing accurate BMI, body composition, height and weight
- Health coaching/education: provide coaching on test results for cholesterol, glucose, triglycerides, blood pressure and BMI
After this one day workshop, you will receive a certificate of completion for Paramedical Examiner/Health Screening Training.
GSP Clinical Workshop Paramedical Examiner and Health/Wellness Screener Admissions Requirements:
See upcoming class dates below and register today to secure your seat in an upcoming session!
These workshops are avocational in nature, meaning that they are not intended to lead to a career in the field of education but rather enhance the student’s existing healthcare training with additional skills and knowledge.
GSP Clinical Workshops consists of the two following parts:
|Approximately two hour lecture will proceed the hand-on skills portion of the lab.||Introduction to equipment and hands-on practice.|
|A book is provided to you for reference.||Practical demonstration and instructor feedback.|
|Material is presented by a qualified state approved instructor.||Student skill participation and guidance.|
Total Cost: $200
The following is the break-down for tuition and fees for GSP Clinical Workshops.
- Registration fee: $20
- Tuition: $180
Upcoming 2022/2023 Paramedical Examiner Schedule
Classes meet for one session.
|GSPPMd Saturday/Sunday Afternoon 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM|
|CLASS/ID||START DATE||END DATE||SEATS|
|PMd5964||February 05, 2022||February 05, 2022||Closed|
|PMd5965||May 07, 2022||May 07, 2022||Closed|
|PMd5966||August 06, 2022||August 06, 2022||Open|
|PMd5967||October 29, 2022||October 29, 2022||Open|